Representations of Fashion in Painting, Photography and Film
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
Kjøp NÅ - få 18 bonuskroner!
With in-depth case studies including the work of Nick Knight and Helmut Newton, film examples such as The Hunger Games, music video Girl Panic by Duran Duran, and much more, this book analyses the interrelationship between clothing, identity, embodiment, representation and self-representation.
Written for students and scholars alike, Fashion's Double will appeal to anyone studying fashion, cultural studies, art theory and history, photography, sociology, and film.
List of Illustrations
1. Painting Fashion
2. The Model Image: From Illustration to Photograph
3. The Little Black Dress and Capital Couture
4. Perverse Utopias: Helmut Newton
5. Music Video, Pornochic and Retro-Elegance
6. Fashion Film, or The Disappearing Catwalk
7. Conclusion: Conditions of Imposibility
An accessible study of how fashion images convey meanings.