1 & 2 Kings: An Introduction and Study Guide
History and Story in Ancient Israel
Leveringstid: Usikker levering*
*Vi bestiller varen fra forlag i utlandet. Dersom varen finnes, sender vi den så snart vi får den til lager
Kjøp NÅ - få 12 bonuskroner!
Grabbe takes a chronological approach (according to the text) and provides overviews of the key periods of Israel's history. The nature of the 'Deuteronomistic History' and how well this theory of authorship stands up in the modern day is considered, as well as issues of form and source criticism more broadly. Grabbe concludes by offering a reflection on the books of Kings in theological and hermeneutical perspective, which enables students to view not only the historical and textual issues, but also broader issues of meaning and significance.
2. The Books of Kings and 'The Deuteronomistic History': Form and Source Criticism
3. The Books of Kings and History: Solomon to Omri
4. The Books of Kings and History: The Omride Dynasty and Rulers to the Fall of Samaria
5. The Books of Kings and History: From the Fall of Samaria to the Fall of Jerusalem
6. Conclusions: The Books of Kings in Theological and Hermeneutical Perspective
An entry-level guide to the books of Kings, considering literary, historical and theological issues and providing a clear overview of Israel's earliest history.