The End of Fashion
Clothing and Dress in the Age of Globalization
Leveringstid: Usikker levering*
*Vi bestiller varen fra forlag i utlandet. Dersom varen finnes, sender vi den så snart vi får den til lager
Kjøp NÅ - få 18 bonuskroner!
The End of Fashion focuses on the ways in which our understanding of fashion and the fashion system have transformed as mass mediation and digitization continue to broaden the way that contemporary fashion is perceived and consumed. Exploring everything from the rise of online shopping to the emergence of bloggers as power elites who have revolutionized the terrain of traditional fashion reportage, this volume anatomizes a world in which runway shows now compete with live-streaming, digital fashion films, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Bringing together original, cutting-edge contributions from leading international scholars, this book is essential reading for students and scholars of fashion and cultural studies, as well as anyone interested in exploring the dramatic shifts that have shaken the fashion world this century - and what they might say about larger changes within an increasingly global and digital society.
List of Contributors
1. "Fashion Futures," Valerie Steele
2. "Time and Memory," Adam Geczy and Vicki Karaminas
3. "Fashionscapes," Patrizia Calefato
4. "Photography and the Body," Olga Vainshtein
5. "Celebrity," Pamela Church Gibson
6. "Cinema," Hilary Radner
7. "Mediation and Digital Retail," Agnes Rocamora
8. "Sustainability and Digitalization," Sandy Black
9. "Globalization," Jennifer Craik
10. "Production and Manufacture," Veronique Pouillard
11. "Curation and Exhibition," Hazel Clark
Bringing together original, cutting-edge contributions from leading international scholars, this book is essential reading for anyone interested in exploring the radical changes in how contemporary fashion is perceived and consumed.