Religion, Sexuality, and Spirituality
- Vår pris
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
Format: 23 x 16 cm
J. Prior and C. M. Cusack, 'Religion, Sexuality, and Spirituality' (Introduction to the collection).
C. M. Cusack, 'Methodological Approaches to the Study of Religion, Sexuality, and Spirituality' (Introduction to Volume I).
Theorizing Sex and Spirituality
1. C. Bardella (2001). 'Queer Spirituality', Social Compass, 48, 1, 117-38.
2. Eric M. Rodriguez (2009). 'At the Intersection of Church and Gay: A Review of the Psychological Research on Gay and Lesbian Christians', Journal of Homosexuality, 57, 1, 5-38.
3. Sian Hawthorne (2011). 'Is there a (M)other in the Text? Post-theistic Sikh Ontology and the Question of the Phallus', Method and Theory in the Study of Religion, 23, 160-76.
4. Momin Rahman (2010). 'Queer as Intersectionality: Theorizing Gay Muslim Identities', Sociology, 44, 5, 944-61.
5. Thomas B. Ellis (2011). 'Disgusting Bodies, Disgusting Religion: The Biology of Tantra', Journal of the American Academy of Religion, 79, 4, 879-927.
6. Jerome Gellman (2006). 'Gender and Sexuality in the Garden of Eden', Theology & Sexuality: The Journal of the Institute for the Study of Christianity & Sexuality, 12, 3, 319-35.
7. Roger Corless (2004). 'Towards a Queer Dharmology of Sex', Culture and Religion: An Interdisciplinary Journal, 5, 2, 229-43.
8. Judith Butler (2008). 'Sexual Politics, Torture, and Secular Time', The British Journal of Sociology, 59, 1, 1-23.
9. Sarah Barringer Gordon (2003). 'A War of Words: Revelation and Storytelling in the Campaign Against Mormon Polygamy', Chicago-Kent Law Review, 78, 2, 739-72.
10. Ludger H. Viefhues-Bailey (2012). 'Holiness Sex: Conservative Christian Sex Practices as Acts of Sanctification', Journal of Men, Masculinities & Spirituality, 6, 1, 4-19.
Studying Sexuality and Spirituality
11. Sarah Pike (1996). 'Rationalizing the Margins: A Review of Legitimation and Ethnographic Practices in Scholarly Research on Neo-Paganism', in James R. Louis (ed.), Magical Religion and Modern Witchcraft (SUNY), pp. 353-72.
12. Francesca Merlan, 'Gender in Aboriginal Social Life: A Review', in Ronald Murray Berndt and Robert Tonkinson (eds.), Social Anthropology and Australian Aboriginal Studies: A Contemporary Overview (Aboriginal Studies Press, 1988), pp. 15-76.
13. Michael J. McFarland, Jeremy E. Uecker, and Mark D. Regnerus (2010). 'The Role of Religion in Shaping Sexual Frequency and Satisfaction: Evidence from Married and Unmarried Older Adults', The Journal of Sex Research, 48, 2-3, 297-308.
14. H. L. Stallings (2010). 'Bi bell: Spirituality and the Sexual Intellectual', Journal of Bisexuality, 10, 1-2, 137-53.
15. Jeffrey S. Victor (1994). 'Fundamental Religion and the Moral Crusade Against Satanism: The Social Construction of Deviant Behavior', Deviant Behavior, 15, 3, 305-34.
16. A. Coyle and D. Rafalin (2000). 'Jewish Gay Men's Accounts of Negotiating Cultural, Religious, and Sexual Identity: A Qualitative Study', Journal of Psychology & Human Sexuality, 12, 4, 21-48.
VOLUME II: GENDER: ROLES, BODIES, IDENTITIES
C. M. Cusack, 'Gender Roles, Gendered Bodies, and Resisting Gendered Identities' (Introduction to Volume II).
Men and Masculinities
17. Brit Solli (2008). 'Queering the Cosmology of the Vikings: A Queer Analysis of the Cult of Odin and "Holy White Stones"', Journal of Homosexuality, 54, 1-2, 192-208.
18. Ana Mariella Bacigalupo (2004). 'The Struggle for Mapuche Shamans' Masculinity: Colonial Politics of Gender, Sexuality and Power in Southern Chile', Ethnohistory, 51, 3, 490-533.
19. Jenny Blain and Robert J. Wallis (2000). 'The "Ergi" Seidman: Contestations of Gender, Shamanism and Sexuality in Northern Religion Past and Present', Journal of Contemporary Religion, 15, 3, 395-411.
20. David Greenberg, Ariel Stravynski, and Yoram Bilu (2004). 'Social Phobia in Ultra-orthodox Jewish Males: Culture-bound Syndrome or Virtue?', Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 7, 4, 289-305.
21. Douglas Harrison (2009). 'Southern Gospel Sissies: Evangelical Music, Queer Spirituality, and the Plays of Del Shores', Journal of Men, Masculinities & Spirituality, 3, 2, 123-41.
Females and Femininity
22. Fred Blake (1994). 'Foot-Binding in Neo-Confucian China and the Appropriation of Female Labor', Signs, 19, 3, 676-712.
23. Phyllis Mack (1986). 'Feminine Behavior and Radical Action: Franciscans, Quakers, and the Followers of Gandhi', Signs, 457-77.
24. Obiagele Lake (1994). 'The Many Voices of Rastafarian women: Sexual Subordination in the Midst of Liberation', New West Indian Guide, 235-57.
25. Carol Delany (1994). 'Untangling the Meaning of Hair in Turkish Society', Anthropology Quarterly, 67, 4, 159-72.
26. Carole M. Cusack (2009). 'The Return of the Goddess: Mythology, Witchcraft and Feminist Spirituality', in Murphy Pizza and James R. Lewis (eds), Handbook of Contemporary Paganism (Brill), pp. 335-63.
Androgyny, Transgender, and Transvestism
27. Will Roscoe (1996). 'Priests of the I: Gender Transgression in Ancient Religion', History of Religions, 35, 195-230.
28. Peter Hennen (2004). 'Fae Spirits and Gender Trouble Resistance and Compliance among the Radical Faeries', Journal of Contemporary Ethnography, 33, 5, 499-533.
29. Michael Brown (1997). 'Towards Sacred Androgyny', The Channeling Zone (Harvard University Press), pp. 93-114.
Family Values: Pregnancy, Children, Marriage, Monogamy, Polygamy
30. Stuart A. Wright (1986). 'Dyadic Intimacy and Social Control in Three Cult Movements', Sociology of Religion, 47, 2, 137-50.
31. Yeshe Choekyi Lhamo (2003). 'The Fangs of Reproduction: An Analysis of Taiwanese Menstrual Pollution in the Context of Buddhist Philosophy and Practice', History and Anthropology, 14, 2, 157-78.
32. Julia Pauli (2012). 'Creating Illegitimacy: Negotiating Relations and Reproduction Within Christian Contexts in Northwest Namibia', Journal of Religion in Africa, 42, 4, 408-32.
33. John P. Hoffmann and Sherrie Mills Johnson (2005). 'Attitudes Toward Abortion Among Religious Traditions in the United States: Change or Continuity?', Sociology of Religion, 66, 2, 161-82.
VOLUME III: SEXUALITY THROUGHOUT HISTORY
J. H. Prior, 'Religion, Sexuality, and Spirituality in Historical Traditions' (Introduction to Volume III).
Sex as Sacrament/Sex as Transgression
34. Paul R. Goldin (2006). 'The Cultural and Religious Background of Sexual Vampirism in Ancient China', Theology & Sexuality: The Journal of the Institute for the Study of Christianity & Sexuality, 12, 3, 285-307.
35. Kerry Martin Skora (2007). 'Abhinavagupta's Erotic Mysticism: The Reconciliation of Spirit and Flesh', International Journal of Hindu Studies, 11, 1, 63-88.
36. H. B. Urban (2004). 'The beast with two backs: Aleister Crowley and Sex Magick in Late Victorian England', Magia Sexualis (University of California Press), pp. 109-39.
37. Jane Geaney (2004). 'Guarding Moral Boundaries: Shame in Early Confucianism', Philosophy East and West, 54, 2, 113-42.
38. Dyan Elliott (1994). 'Sex in Holy Places: An Exploration of a Medieval Anxiety', Journal of Women's History, 6, 3, 6-34.
Celibacy, Chastity, and Auto-eroticism
39. Don Swenson (1998). 'Religious Differences Between Married and Celibate Clergy: Does Celibacy Make a Difference?', Sociology of Religion, 59, 1, 37-43.
40. Jean Calterone Williams (2011). 'Battling a "Sex-Saturated Society": The Abstinence Movement and the Politics of Sex Education', Sexualities, 14, 4, 416-43.
41. Vern L. Bullough (2003). 'Masturbation', Journal of Psychology & Human Sexuality, 14, 2-3, 17-33.
42. Zeb Tortorici (2007). 'Masturbation, Salvation, and Desire: Connecting Sexuality and Religiosity in Colonial Mexico', Journal of the History of Sexuality, 16, 3, 355-72.
43. Vern L. Bullough (1976). 'Heresy, Witchcraft, and Sexuality', Journal of Homosexuality, 1, 2, 183-99.
44. Ruth Behar (1987). 'Sex and Sin, Witchcraft and the Devil in Late-Colonial Mexico', American Ethnologist, 14, 1, 34-54.
45. Elyse Semerdjian (2012). '"Because He is So Tender and Pretty": Sexual Deviance and Heresy in Eighteenth-century Aleppo', Social Identities: Journal for the Study of Race, Nation and Culture, 18, 2, 175-99.
46. Christopher Craig Brittain and Andrew McKinnon (2011). 'Homosexuality and the Construction of "Anglican Orthodoxy": The Symbolic Politics of the Anglican Communion', Sociology of Religion, 72, 3, 351-73.
47. Martine Gross and Andrew K. T. Yip (2010). 'Living Spirituality and Sexuality: A Comparison of Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Christians in France and Britain', Social Compass, 57, 1, 40-59.
48. Jason Prior (2012). 'The Manifestation of Queer Theology: The Act of "Promulgating Joy and Expiating Stigmatic Guilt" Through the (Re)inscription of Rituals, Artifacts, Devotional Practices and Place', in C. M. Cusack and A. Norman (eds.), Handbook of New Religions and Cultural Production (Brill), pp. 705-36.
49. Andrea Stevenson Allen (2012). '"Brides" without husbands: Lesbians in the Afro-Brazilian Religion Candomble', Transforming Anthropology, 20, 1, 17-31.
50. Janet McIntosh (2005). 'Liminal Meanings: Sexually Charged Giriama Funerary Ritual and Unsettled Participant Frameworks', Language & Communication, 25, 39-60.
VOLUME IV: SACRED AND SECULAR CULTURAL SPHERES
J. H. Prior, 'Religion, Sexuality, and Spirituality in the Cultural Spheres' (Introduction to Volume IV).
51. Rupert Till (2010). 'The Personality Cult of Prince: Purple Rain, Sex and the Sacred, and the Implicit Religion Surrounding a Popular Icon', Implicit Religion, 13, 2, 141-59.
52. Lee Gilmore (1998). 'The Whore and the Holy One: Contemporary Sacred Prostitution and Transformative Consciousness', Anthropology of consciousness, 9, 4, 1-14.
53. Kath Albury (2001). 'Full-Body-Mega-Kundalinigasm: "Sacred" Sex and Sexual Politics', Continuum: Journal of Media & Cultural Studies, 15, 2, 201-15.
Literature and the Arts
54. Paul Miner (2005). 'Blake and the Sinful Arts of Forgiveness', English Studies, 86, 5, 399-423.
55. Robert Westerfelhaus and Robert Alan Brookey (2004). 'At the Unlikely Confluence of Conservative Religion and Popular Culture: Fight Club as Heteronormative Ritual', Text and Performance Quarterly, 24, 3-4, 302-26.
56. Jisha Menon (2006). 'Rehearsing the Partition: Gendered Violence in Aur Kitne Tukde', Feminist Review, 84, 1, 29-47.
57. Selvaraj Velayutham and Amanda Wise (2001). 'Dancing with Ga(y)nesh: Rethinking Cultural Appropriation in Multicultural Australia', Postcolonial Studies, 4, 2, 143-60.
58. Valerie Hoffman (1995). 'Eating and Fasting for God in Sufi Tradition', Journal of the American Academy of Religion, 63, 3, 465-84.
59. Guy Menard (2005). '"O Come, All Ye Faithful ...": Contemporary Sexuality, Transcendence and Implicit Religion', Implicit Religion, 8, 3, 266-80.
60. Wil Rombotis Brant (2001). 'Why Go to Church When You Can Drink with Mary? Gay Male Club Culture as Religion Without Religion Against Ethics', Theology & Sexuality: The Journal of the Institute for the Study of Christianity & Sexuality, 8, 15, 32.
61. Wendy Griffin (1995). 'The Embodied Goddess: Feminist Witchcraft and Female Divinity', Sociology of Religion, 56, 1, 35-48.
Medical, Legal, and Political Contexts
62. Tim Allen (2007). 'Witchcraft, Sexuality and HIV/AIDS Among the Azande of Sudan', Journal of Eastern African Studies, 1, 3, 359-96.
63. Bruce M. Knauft (1994). 'Foucault Meets South New Guinea: Knowledge, Power, Sexuality', Ethos, 22, 4, 391-438.
64. Kathryn A. Dale and Judith L. Alpert (2007). 'Hiding Behind the Cloth: Child Sexual Abuse and the Catholic Church', Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 16, 3, 59-74.
65. Lucian Turcescu and Livinia Stan (2005). 'Religion, Politics and Secularity in Romania', Europe-Asia Studies, 57, 2, 291-310.
Negotiating Conflicted Spaces and Places
66. Roxanne Marcotte (2010). 'Gender and Sexuality Online on Australian Muslim Forums', Contemporary Islam, 4, 1, 117-38.
67. Gill Valentine and Louise Waite (2012). 'Negotiating Difference Through Everyday Encounters: The Case of Sexual Orientation and Religion and Belief', Antipode, 44, 2.