The Meanings of Dress
Bundle Book + Studio Access Card
"A comprehensive compilation of readings for students studying the social and psychological aspects of appearance and dress. Les mer
Leveringstid: Usikker levering*
*Vi bestiller varen fra forlag i utlandet. Dersom varen finnes, sender vi den så snart vi får den til lager
Kjøp NÅ - få 65 bonuskroner!
"A comprehensive compilation of readings for students studying the social and psychological aspects of appearance and dress." Jessica Strubel, University of North Texas, USA
Learn how-and why-consumers buy clothing and accessories, and increase your global awareness as you study dress and appearance.
Contributions are from writers on four continents and examples are from ten countries, including Ghana, Vietnam, Norway, and Jamaica, among others. The book includes more than 50 articles on topics such as wearable technology, cosplay, lesbian dress, and genderqueer fashion.
- Contributors are experts in fashion theory, cultural studies, psychology, sociology, gender studies, religion, material culture, consumer behavior, and popular culture
- Two separate chapters on gender and sexuality
- International examples are included from Afghanistan, China, Ghana, India, Jamaica, Japan, Norway, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Vietnam
- 100 black and white images
The Meanings of Dress STUDIO
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
This bundle includes The Meanings of Dress, 4th edition and The Meanings of Dress STUDIO Access Card.
1. Introduction to Dress, Culture, and Theory
2. Fashion as a Dynamic Process
3. Dress as Nonverbal Communication
4. The Body
5. Dress and Gender
6. Dress and Sexuality
7. Race and Ethnicity
8. Dress and Religion
9. Dress in the Workplace
10. Dress and Media
11. Fashion and Fantasy
12. Dress and Technology
13. Ethics in Fashion
This collection of articles is designed to expand your awareness and understanding of the role dress plays in cultures and subcultures across the globe.